Spring is here, and the pleasant weather tends bring out dress code violations. Please review the following dress code with your son or daughter and assist them in making good choices when it comes to dress and school.
Dress and Appearance:
Dress and appearance shall not be disruptive to the learning process:
- Shoes and shirts are to be worn at all times (we recommend that students do not wear sandals or opened toed shoes to school).
- Students are to wear clothing where the midriff is covered. No undergarment clothing should be showing.
- Students are expected to be neat and clean at all times.
- Hats and caps are not to be worn inside the building (this includes the hoods on sweatshirts).
- Displays, including jewelry or wording on clothing which are sexually suggestive, drug alcohol or tobacco related, gang related, vulgar, insulting, or which ridicule a particular person or group, are prohibited.
- No flagging or sagging of pants, belts or other clothing items. Pants are to be worn on the hips and belts will be tucked in at the belt loops.
- Chains that hang, snag, or flag are not to be worn on campus.
A good rule of thumb, when assisting your child in his or her choice of dress is to look at school as your child’s job. He or she is coming to school with the objective of getting an education and their dress should reflect the seriousness to which they take their academics. As always please feel free to call with questions or concerns.
Thanks for your support,
Hamlin Middle School