- Ridgeview Elementary
Welcome to Ridgeview Elementary
Posted by Wayne Reposa on 8/20/2021
Hello Ridgeview Families,
My Name is Wayne Reposa and I have the privilege of serving as your school principal for 2022-23 school year. I am very excited to be back for my second year at Ridgeview, a school with a wonderful team of dedicated staff members and a community of caring families and in my biased opinion, the best students!
There are many exciting things to look forward to this year, including a return of volunteering, family and community events and many others including a second year of free breakfast and lunch for all students! Watch your email for more info.
Back to School Info:
Meet the Teacher Night: Tuesday, Sept. 6th 4:30 - 5:30, Class lists will be posted on Friday Sept. 2nd by 4:00pm.
- Families with last names starting with A - M please come 4:30 - 5:00 and families with last names starting with N - Z, please come 5:00 - 5:30 if possible. This will minimize the number of people in the classrooms at one time, providing you and your students with a safe and more accessible experience. Thank you!
First Day: Wednesday, Sept 7th - We are so excited to see you welcome SKYHAWKS!
Registration: Online Registration 22/23
-- If we can help please call 541-744-6308 :)
Registration Day. With registration online we will no longer need to host a traditional registration day. If you need support with registration, we are here and happy to help. You can call and we can help you over the phone or schedule a time to come to the office.
- Returning Ridgeview Families: If you attended Ridgeview last year, your data was automatically rolled over. Please go in and check your infomation in ParentVue and make sure we have the most current contact information.
- New to Ridgeview Families: If you are new to Ridgeview but not our School District, please go into Parent Vue, update your information and home school and submit your registration online.
- New to the School District: Please go to our School Districts Main website and select the online registration link, ENROLL WITH US. You will set up your Parent Vue account after which you will be able to register for school.
- Not sure how to get to the School District Page to register, no worries, here is the link: https://www.springfield.k12.or.us/Page/3312
School Hours and First day of School Details:
- First day, Wednesday Sept. 7th for 1st - 5th grade students
- Kindergarten: We will be splitting our students into two groups with two start days to support the transition to school. Look for more information soon.
- School Hours: 8:35 - 2:50 all students.
- Class lists will be posted on the front windows 9/2 the Friday before our first week.
- Morning Drop-off: 8:25 for students not eating breakfast
- Please do not drop before 8:25 as there will be no supervision available. Thank you.
- Students are encouraged to use healthy, safe school options to get to school. Many families walk or bike to school! Make some connections in your neighborhood, create a walking or riding group and enjoy your morning journey together!
- Breakfast is served from 8:15 - 8:30 in the cafeteria. (new proceedure this year, last year was in the class.)
- Classes start at 8:35
- Afternoon Pick-up: Students are released at 2:50
- *IMPORTANT - Parent pick up and Drop off:
- Pick up and Drop please plan for up to 15 minutes. Most days we have all students on/off campus safely in 7-10 minutes. Please plan a few extra minutes to minimize stress.
- The lane in front of the school is for bus pick up and drop off only. No parent, pick up in this area. Thank you!
- Drop off locations:
- Curb: please park along 66th
- Church parking lot: please park in the parking lot across the street.
- Walkers and bikes:
- Cul-de-sacs access, North and West sides around the school can be used for students walking or biking to school only. Please do not use these for vehicle drop off and pick up as it blocks access for families who live in these locations. Thanks for understanding being a good neighbor.
- Safe hand off:
- Please walk with your k-2 students to the classroom or send them with an older student.
- Before and After School Options: For the 22/23 school year, our partnership with Willamalane will continue. We are thankful for them!
- They will be offering afterschool care options. Please contact them to sign up. There is no-before-school option at this time.
- Early Release Schedule is available on our calendar.
Thank you for all you do to make this school and community a wonderful place to work, live and serve. Ridgeview is a special place and it is appreciated. We love our students and their families and are looking forward to a fun, exciting and successful 22/23 school year.
With all appreciation and humility,
Principal Ridgeview Elementary