- Springfield Public Schools
- SPS Current Events
Academy of Arts and Academics accomplishments in the 2018-19 school year
2018-19 accomplishments at the Academy of Arts and Academics (A3)
As we wrap up the 2018-19 school year, we’d like to recognize some amazing high school accomplishments in the district, beginning with the Academy of Arts and Academics. Congrats on all of your great work this year, students and staff!
- This school year, A3’s magnet school status was finalized and the school got to celebrate the change with staff, families, students and community members.
- A total of 42 students were placed into internships throughout the community during January J-Term.
- A3’s attendance rate went from 67 percent in the 2017-18 school year to 87 percent in 2018-19 school year.
- This year’s graduating class is the largest in school history!
- The school secured more than $100,000 in grants this year.
- A3’s first Night of the Arts event was held this year, which featured theater, choir, band, visual arts and dance.
- An A3 student won the “best showpiece prize” at the countywide Metamorphose Fashion Show, sponsored by St. Vincent de Paul Society of Lane County.
- A3 students won the first in State for the category "One Act Play" at the State Thespian Festival.
- The Mobile Mental Health Service from White Bird has the highest rate of consistent use in the district.
- Two A3 students were accepted into the All State Choir.
- Our J-Term class “Get Outside” won accolades at the Governor’s Office. The class focused on first aid and survival skills.
- An A3 student won the top LCC Dean of Arts Award and received a scholarship of $500.
- A3 won one of three spots on the City of Eugene Bridges Project and will participate in placing locally generated contemporary art projects in the public eye.
- A3 students continue to earn college credits via College Now classes at LCC and U of O. LCC and A3 are partnering on a pilot program: High School/College Now Introduction to Linux.
- The school’s Spring Dance Concert at Gerlinger Hall at U of O was a hit.
- A3 took the Rubix cube championship.
- A3 took part of a world premiere of the Opal play.