The Welcome Center
at the Brattain House (1030 G Street, Springfield, OR)
The Welcome Center is a place for families and students of the English Language Development Program. The purpose of the Welcome Center is to welcome families into the district, and to help them find resources whenever they need it. Click here to see a brochure in English and Spanish.
Welcome Center Services:
- Information and resources in Spanish
- Information about school programs: English Language Development (ELD) Program, Special Education, District Health Clinic, Afterschool Programs, Alternative Programs for high-schoolers
- Help with school registration
- Free or low-cost classes: English, bilingual computer, citizenship, Spanish literacy
- Free parenting classes
- Interpreting for parents at their children's schools
- Information about the Family Resource Centers located in some elementary schools and at Brattain House
- Referrals to social service agencies in the community
- Referrals for low-cost or free healthcare, school supplies and clothing
- Bilingual newsletter for our families
Other Brattain House Services
- Clothing X-Change: Free clothing available for children. Open Wednesdays during the school year from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Baby clothes 0-4T are available inside the Brattain House. For more information, call (541) 744-2581 (Habla Español).
- School Supplies: Brattain House helps connect families with resources for backpacks, school supplies and other back-to-school preparation.
- Learning Littles/Pequeniñes Encantados: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00-11:30 a.m. for parents and children ages 0-5. Call (541) 744-6769 for more information (Habla Español).
- McKinney-Vento Program is available to help students without a permanent address with additional services they may need. Please call Janet at (541) 744-2581 for more information.
Migrant Education ProgramLane ESD's Migrant Education Program is designed to help families who relocate to find work in agriculture, fishing, or forestry. For more information, please call the Migrant Education Program at (541) 461-8382.
Program Coordinator: Monica Tapia (Habla Español)
1030 G Street, Springfield OR 97477