Kindergarten Welcome Resources for StaffThese are materials schools should use and/or reference as they prepare for spring welcome events. Remember, Welcome events are open to anyone!
A great video about full-day kindergarten is at https://youtu.be/oj4M-L_lH9Y. This video can be embedded in your presentation. If you need the video on a DVD, or thumb drive, please contact Suzy (please be sure to provide some lead time). There is also this great video that was created as an update for a School Board presentation.
This year, the district will provide schools with copies of the Parent's Guide to Kindergarten (available in English or Spanish) and the shorter trifold flyer on Full-Day Kindergarten (also in English and Spanish). Should you need additional copies, following the initial order, please contact Donna Roper. NOTE: the attached versions are print-ready (larger files). Shorter, web-optimized files, are also available.
The following information is available to the public on the district website. Feel free to link to these pages from your website using the supplied shortcuts or reference them in your newsletters. These links are also available by going to Hot Topics or User Groups>Parents or Schools>Elementary
- Kinder Resources [splash page] (www.springfield.k12.or.us/Kinders)
- Registration page (www.springfield.k12.or.us/Enroll)
- Parents Guide (www.springfield.k12.or.us/ParentGuide)
- Jump Start (www.springfield.k12.or.us/JumpStart)
- Full-Day Kindergarten (www.springfield.k12.or.us/FDK) and later, the Staggered Start details
Materials for Staff:
- Sample Welcome and Registration presentation (Powerpoint)
- Sample Welcome and Registration agenda template (Word)
- FDK Talking Points (PDF)
- Intent to Enroll post card (Word - English)
- Parent Feedback Card (Word - English / JPG - Spanish)
- Handouts/Resources for Parents:
- Kindergarten Readiness Flyer Template (Word)
- Kindergarten Readiness Literature (PDF)
- Ready, Set, Grow (PDF) ~ A calendar of activities to help families prepare their children for kindergarten
- Ready4K ~ (PDF) A program sponsored by Lane Early Alliance; weekly text messages, sent to parents, to help them prepare their child for indergarten
- Why Can't I Skip Reading Tonight? handout for parents
- Getting School Ready (PDF in English and Spanish); booklet for parents from Early Learning Alliance