ZPass Ridership Program
Springfield Public Schools is happy to offer an additional program to put parents' minds at ease when their student rides the bus to and from school. ZPass Plus is a program that tracks and notifies parents when a student gets on and off the school bus enhancing student safety.
Registered bus riders will receive a student badge that can easily be attached to their backpack and will be scanned as they enter and exit the bus each trip. The scanner will allow parents and the transportation department accurate information about when a student enters the bus and where they exit the bus on their assigned route.
Participation in this program is required and all registered bus riders will automatically be enrolled in the program, however, parents and guardians who wish to opt their student out of the program can print and return the below form to their student's school or the transportation office.
Signing Up with ZPass
In order to register for ZPass, you must use a desktop or laptop to register your child on the ZPass + website.
Navigate to the ZPass Plus home screen. Click on the blue "Sign Up Today" button.
Step 1: Student Information
- Enter your student's first name
- Enter your student's last name
- If your student has a hyphenated name or multiple last names you may need to enter them exactly as they appear in the school database.
- Enter the RFID number, located on the back of the student card listed as the "ZPass Number"
- Click "Add"
- Verify the student information.
- Add any additional students.
- Once all students are added and verified click "Continue Sign Up"
Step 2: Account Information
- Enter your email address
- Enter a password and confirm
- Enter your first name, last name, and address.
- Enter your phone number and other applicable fields
- Once all required fields are filled out click "Review Information"
Step 3: Review Information
Review all information including address, phone number, and students for correct information.
Click "Create Account" if all information is accurate.
Step 4: Email Confirmation
In order to activate your account, you must confirm your email address. The system will send an email with a confirmation link.
Click the link to activate your account.
- If my student currently rides a district bus do I need to register them for transportation services?
- If my student is not currently riding a district bus and I want them to start riding, do I need to register for transportation services?
- If my student is on an IEP or IFSP that requires transportation, do I need to register my student for transportation services?
- How do I register for transportation services?
- What will my student’s bus pass look like?
- Is there sensitive student information stored on my student’s ZPass badge?
- What is the cost to get a bus pass?
- What do I do if my student loses their ZPass badge?
- What happens when a student forgets to bring their badge to the bus stop in the morning?
- Does my ZPass work on an LTD bus?
- How do I get the ZPass+ Ridership Alerts App?
- Is participation in the Bus Pass Program mandatory?
- Is participation in the electronic tracking portion of the Bus Pass Program mandatory?
- What does it mean to opt out of the electronic tracking portion of the Bus Pass Program?
- What do I do with the Bus Pass at the end of the school year?
- What is passive RFID technology?