Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School accomplishes its mission through the 6 Es:
- Evaluation: Student Transportation Tallies, Car Counts, Parent Surveys
- Education: Bike and Pedestrian Safety Education Classes, Learn to Ride programming in schools, Learn to Ride events open to the public.
- Encouragement: Walk+Bike Challenge Month, Bike Buses and Walking School Busses.
- Engineering: Infrastructure improvements (bike racks, crosswalks, sidewalks, bike lanes, etc.)
- Equity: Our program strives to distribute Safe Routes to School planning, resources and educational programming equitably across the Eugene-Springfield region. We strive to incorporate equity into each of the other Es listed.
- Engagement: Learn from families, school staff, and community partners. Spend time listening to learn what community members value. Participate in school and community events to share the work of Safe Routes to School. Engage community members in volunteer opportunities.
Walking Maps Available
Walking maps are now available for every Springfield school! The maps are designed to help families select routes for their student to walk to school. Recommended routes typically have sidewalks and protected street crossings, or use low-traffic neighborhood streets.
Download biking maps of Eugene and Springfield.
Contact Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School Coordinator