Business and Finance
The Business and Finance Department ensures the district is a responsible steward of public resources. Functions within the Business and Finance Department include:
- Financial Services:
- accounting functions, payroll, purchasing/contracting, and budgeting
- Benefits & Insurance coordination
- Risk Management
- Print & Design Services
- Nutrition Services
The public is an integral part of the budgeting process. Each year, tens of millions of taxpayer dollars go to Springfield Public Schools, and a budget committee consisting of school board members and representative citizens play a vital role in determining how those annual funds are appropriated. You can learn more about the financial side of our operations on the following pages. The budget information will provide you with a general overview of how the district spends its resources, a summary of the budgeting process, as well as resources such as the superintendent’s budget message and the annual budget calendar.
Doing Business with SPS
Springfield Public Schools is committed to spending taxpayer dollars in the most efficient and effective manner. This does not always mean that low bids will be accepted. Products and services are carefully scrutinized to ensure the very best use of constituent funds, while encouraging open and fair vendor competition.
SPS encourages participation by all businesses in our solicitation process, including but not limited to: local businesses, small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women’s business enterprises.
Springfield Public Schools is committed to providing a safe and secure workplace and learning environment. Our Risk Management office provides oversight for district:
- Safety Programs: District Safety Committee • Facility Assessments • Facility Inspection • Training
- Security Programs: Site Assessment • Access and Key Control • Sonitrol • ADT Security
- Liability Insurance Services: Property • Crime • Commercial General Liability • Automobile Liability and Physical Damage • Boiler and Machinery • Earthquake and Flood Control
Contact Business & Finance
640 A Street
Springfield, OR 97477