Welcome to Kindergarten!
Springfield Public Schools is excited to announce the return of in-person Kindergarten Welcome Nights in May 2023!
Incoming kindergartners and their caregivers are invited to see the school, meet staff, and get prepared and excited for this important first step in their school career!
- Find your neighborhood’s school
Kindergarten Welcome Nights will be held at each school during the first two weeks of May.
Online enrollment is now open!.
Additional resources, videos and links can be found within these pages.
SPS welcomes the class of 2036!
When can my child register?
- Students who were born on or before September 1, 2018 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year.
What school will my child be going to?
- Find your neighborhood’s school or apply for a in- or out-of-district transfer.
- Note that during the priority transfer period of Jan 1 - 31, and beginning March 1, applications received will generally be accepted as long as space is available at the requested school and grade and the inter-district student's resident district agrees to release the student.
How do you register?
- Once you have the necessary kindergarten registration items in order, beginning May 1, 2023 you can enroll online or at your school any time before the beginning of the coming school year.
- Note that elementary schools are closed during the summer, re-opening the end of August.
What should I expect with the registration process?
- Schools hold information nights in the spring with registration held at all schools in late August.
- To register, you will need to bring
- proof of your child's age (such as a birth certificate)
- immunization records (which you can update before school starts)
- proof of address for yourself
Can we visit schools before we register?
- Yes! If you are unable to attend your Kindergarten Welcome Night, contact the school to schedule a visit for after the end of a school day. Schools are unable to accommodate visitors during the school day.