Benefits and Insurance
Springfield offers a competitive, robust benefits package to employees.
The district offers three medical plans through PacificSource Health Plans.
- Aflac offers supplemental coverage through payroll deduction, including accident, cancer and intensive care plans.
- The Springfield Wellness Center also provides free primary and acute care to all covered employees and dependents.
The district offers two dental coverage options:
- an incentive-based plan offered through PacificSource, with a $1500 per person per year maximum, or
- a copay-based plan offered through Willamette Dental Group, with no annual maximum.
The district offers vision coverage through Vision Service Plan to all employees covered through the PacificSource plan.
The district offers long-term disability insurance through The Standard to all employees working 30+ hrs per week after 6 months of work.
Classified employees are automatically enrolled for free after 6 months.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Administrators qualify for basic life and accidental death & dismemberment coverage through The Standard.
- All other employees at 20+ hrs per week may opt for life insurance after 1 month of employment.
- Premiums are deducted from paychecks.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Employees working at least half time and 9 or more months during the year are eligible to enroll in an FSA to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for covered medical, dental, daycare expenses.
403(b) Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan
Employees may elect to participate in a 403(b) plan, offered by public schools and certain charities. It is similar to a 401(k) plan in that employees may choose to defer some of their salary into a plan of their choice, with the funds not subject to federal or state income tax