Is Dual Immersion Right for Your Family?
The dual immersion program truly incorporates the entire family. Students learn language during the day, while parents are encouraged to learn language by night. Children who have a love of learning, age-appropriate language development, and support and encouragement from home will find success in the dual immersion program.
Your child is a good candidate for the dual immersion program if he or she:
- Is developmentally on target in his or her native language
- Expresses an interest in different people, places and things
- Wants to become fluent in Spanish and English
The program is a good fit for families that:
- Value other cultures – the people, art, history, etc.
- Support learning a second language and encourage practicing the language
- Are willing to participate in school projects and activities
- Are willing to commit to at least six years of program participation
There are many reasons families will choose to participate in the dual language program:
Career opportunities, multicultural appreciation, and/or the ease of becoming bilingual at an early age.
Parents, however, are the key to the success of any program.
All families who enroll in this program show a commitment to support their child at school and at home.