Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB)
The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a statewide reading competition for students in grades 3 through 12. Students can team up (generally in groups of 4) to read the books selected by the volunteer state committee. The program at Centennial is organized and run by our amazing librarian, Chris Phillips.
Timeline: Books for the following year are generally announced each spring. Teams generally form and begin practicing together in the fall. School battles are typically in February. The winning team will advance to the regional tournament, typically in March.
- Read more about the program and find resources for team coaches at https://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/.
- Check out this year's books.
Our Teams 2023
The Ring Readers:
Jacob, Nova, Mariano, Alex
The Wind Runners:
Tyler, Yunden, Liam, Brooklyn
Olivia, Kaia, Payton, Hayden, Ryan
Zach, Ryland, Hunter, Grayson
Addison, Rhianna, Noelle, Tayvin
2023 Tournament Schedule
- 9:00 AM: Game 1 - Red Raptors vs Muggles
- 9:30 AM: Game 2 - Ring Readers vs Wind Runners
- 1:30 PM: Game 3 - Muggles vs Sassy Dinos
Feb. 13 [ second-chance bracket ]
- 9:00 AM: Game 4 - Red Raptors vs Ring Readers
- 9:30 AM: Game 5 - Wind Runners vs Muggles
- 1:30 PM: Game 6 - Sassy Dinos vs Ring Readers
- 9:40 AM: Game 7 - Wind Runners vs Sassy Dinos
- 2:00 PM: Championship assembly: Muggles vs Wind Runners
- 9 AM - ?: Regional tournament, South Eugene High
Tournament shall be televised via Google Meet. The Meet Code will be shared with families.