Raising Successful Students
Families, if your student is struggling in school or at home, we can help provide resources to help them be more successful.
Supporting Your Student
- View a flyer here with tips for supporting your student at home - en español.
- Create a quiet, consistent space for your child to work at home - en español
- Practice mindfulness techniques with your student(s) to help them stay calm, in the moment, and focused.
- Give yourself a break - a movement break! Download a chart with things you can do for a quick break.
- Work toward a growth mindset. Use positive self-talk, and teach your kids the power of YET.
- Practice the power of positive!
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
- Tips for raising a resilient kid.
- Raising a child with empathy.
- Integrity matters!
- And most of all, READ!
Mental Health Resources
- View a slideshow here that is packed with tips and local resources for families.
- ParentingNow has a great page with lots of local resources for families. Click here for a four-page printable flyer.
- Common Sense Education also has a lot of great tips for families navigating an electronic world.
- All that togetherness creating stress for your family? Families on OHP can sign up for LaneKids' online TripleP (Positive Parenting Program) for free!
Child Care/Distance Learning Support
Visit the Employment-Related Day Care (ERDC) website for information about child care subsidies available through the State of Oregon. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the income guidelines have been drastically relaxed, and copays are suspended.
Visit 211info.org to see local child care resources, many of whom are eligible for ERDC payments and/or provide distance learning support.
An increasing number of organizations are offering varying degrees of distance learning support for students. Some ideas:
Other options can be found here.