ZPass Ridership Program
Springfield Public Schools is happy to offer an additional program to put parents minds at ease when their student rides the bus to and from school. Thanks to a grant received by the transportation department, SPS is implementing the ZPass Ridership program that tracks and notifies parents when a student gets on and off the school bus enhancing student safety.
Bus riders will receive a student badge that can easily be attached to their back pack, and will be scanned as they enter and exit the bus each trip. The scanner will allow parents and the transporation department accurate information about when a student enters the bus and where they exit the bus on their assigned route.
Participation in this program is encouraged but not mandatory. All bus riders will automatically be enrolled in the program, however, parents and gaurdians who wish to opt their student out can print and return the below form to their student's school or the transportation office.
1890 42nd Street
Springfield, OR 97477
School days 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation & Operations Staff
Mike Schlosser, Operations Manager
General Education Transportation & Operations
Tim Stephens, Asst. Supervisor
Raenelle Culp, Admin. Secretary
Special Services Transportation
Ryan Dougherty, Asst. Supervisor
Tammy Bocanegra, Admin. Secretary
Activity Van & Driver Training
Joanna Morris, Coordinator
Ashleigh Barley, Asst. Trainer
Signing Up with ZPass
NOTE: You must use a desktop or laptop to register your child on the ZPass + website.
Navigate to the ZPass Plus home screen
Click on the blue "Sign Up Today" button.
Step 1: Student Information
- Enter your student's first name
- Enter your student's last name
- If your student has a hyphenated name or multiple last names you may need to enter them exactly as they appear in the school database.
- Enter the RFID number, located on the back of the student card listed as the "ZPass Number"
- Click "add"
- Verify the student information.
- Add any additional students.
- Once all students are added and verfied click "Continue Sign Up"
Step 2: Account Information
- Enter your email address
- Enter a password and confirm
- Enter your first name, last name and address.
- Enter your phone number and other applicable fields
- Once all required fields are filled out click "Review Information"
Step 3: Review Information
- Review all information including address, phone number, and students for correct information.
- Click "Create Account" if all information is accurate.
Step 4: Email Confirmation
- In order to activate your account, you must confirm your email address. The system will send an email with a confirmation link.
- Click the link to activate your account.