Welcome to Kindergarten!
Online kindergarten welcome events for the 2022-2023 school year are set to take place March 7-10.
The virtual events will include a video overview of the kindergarten enrollment and registration process, as well as general information about kindergarten, followed by a Q&A session. Families of students are welcome to ask questions as they arise.
Links to the virtual events will be provided by each individual school.
Additional, resources videos and links can be found within these pages.
When can my child register?
- Students who were born on or before September 1, 2017 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2022-23 school year.
What school will my child be going to?
- Find your neighborhood’s school or apply for a in- or out-of-district transfer.
- Note that during the priority transfer period of Jan 1 - 31, and beginning March 1, applications received will generally be accepted as long as space is available at the requested school and grade.
How do you register?
- Once you have the necessary kindergarten registration items in order, you can enroll at your school at any time before the beginning of the coming school year.
- Note that elementary schools are closed during the summer, re-opening the end of August.
What should I expect with the registration process?
- Schools hold information nights in the spring with registration held at all schools in late August.
- To register, you will need to bring
Can we visit schools before we register?
- Yes! If you are unable to attend an information night, contact the school to arrange a visit before the end of the school year. *Note: Due to Covid-19, visitors are not currently permitted inside school buildings. Please check with school staff regarding in-person school visits.