Dual Immersion Application Process & Timeline
Following is the timeline for application for Springfield's Dual Immersion program, currently located at Guy Lee Elementary School.
All applications should be submitted at the Springfield Public Schools District Office.
Dual Immersion Applications
- View application information
January - High Priority Applications
- All dual immersion applications received in January will be evaluated with the same level of priority.
- This is the BEST time for in-district families to apply for the Dual Immersion Program.
March 1-April 1 - Open Enrollment Application Period
- Open Enrollment applications for all families, including those residing outside of Springfield Public Schools boundaries, will be accepted beginning March 1 through April 1.
- This is the BEST time for out-of-district families to apply for the Dual Immersion Program.
March (date TBA) - Dual Immersion Orientation Night
- Each spring, families are invited to a gathering for all potential Dual Immersion Program families to begin the enrollment process and learn about the school and programmatic offerings. Attendance is highly recommended.
May 1 - Space Availability Transfers
- Families that missed the High Priority and Open Enrollment transfer opportunities may submit a space availability application after May 1 for the coming year.
- These applications will only be approved after fall registration if space permits.
September (date TBA) - Parent Information Night
- A parent information night is held in September for all Guy Lee or Springfield Dual Immersion Program families.
September - Class Rosters Posted
- Class rosters will be posted on the front doors of Guy Lee Elementary.