Application for Dual Immersion Program
Families that are interested in applying for the Springfield's Dual Immersion Program, located at Guy Lee Elementary, must complete an application form. Application forms for the coming school year are available in late December.
- In-district families who apply during the month of January receive the highest priority for the program. Both in-district and out-of-district families may also apply during the Open Enrollment period during the month of March. Applications will again be accepted after May 1 but will not be processed until after fall registration.
- Students will be placed on waiting lists by lottery draw. Siblings of current students have priority over new applicants, who are admitted according to the following tiered priority:
- Students residing within Guy Lee neighborhood boundaries
- Springfield resident students who live outside Guy Lee boundaries
- Students residing outside Springfield Public Schools boundaries
- Instruction Office personnel will maintain a list of students requesting inclusion in the Dual Immersion Program.
- You will be notified in writing of your student’s status with the Dual Immersion Program.
Please note: This application does not guarantee enrollment in the Dual Immersion Program.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate all requests for placement in the Dual Immersion Program. Once maximum capacity is reached for each grade level, remaining applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- In-district applicants who are accepted into the program, and applicants from other districts who apply and are accepted during the Open Enrollment period, do not need to reapply each year, unless they move from the address of the initially approved transfer.
- Applicants from other districts who enter the program outside of the Open Enrollment window (space availability transfers) do need to reapply to the program each year.
- Guy Lee Dual Immersion application acceptance windows will follow transfer open and close dates.
To Apply for the Dual Language Program:
- Download the application form
- Note that completed forms must be turned into the Springfield Public Schools Instruction Office at 640 A Street by personal delivery, regular mail, email or fax.