Counseling ProgramSpringfield Public Schools provides a guidance and counseling program for all students K-12. Each school is assigned a school counselor. The district provides a coordinated guidance and counseling program which supports the educational and career development of students. The goals of the counseling program are to:
- Develop student decision-making skills.
- Assist students in obtaining information about themselves.
- Help students understand available educational opportunities and alternatives.
- Assist students in establishing tentative career and educational goals.
- Help students accept increasing responsibility for their own actions.
- Develop skills in interpersonal relations.
Questions regarding the counseling program may be directed to the Director of Special Programs at 541-726-3250.