Flyer Distribution Guidelines
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting electronic flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As a part of our efforts to be more enviornmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibilty, paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Flyers from external organization will be posted weekly each Wednesday. Flyers must be received by Tuesday to post in time for events the coming weekend.
To distribute flyers:
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment/Community Organization (account type)
- Enter the flyer description information requested, then choose the schools you would like the flyer to go to.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted for review. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Flyers will be sent via email to families at the specified schools accordint to the districts distribution schedule (currently weekly).
Flyer Approval Guidelines
- To assure equal access to opportunities, as a general rule flyers must be distributed to all elementary (12 schools), middle (4 schools) or high schools (2 schools), depending on the age range for the event or activity. Exceptions may be made for localized activities.
- Flyers should be distributed in both English and Spanish if at all possible.
Flyers that are approved for distribution in our district must be deemed beneficial to students and families. Schools are central parts of our communities. Flyers notifying families of educational physical activities and family-oriented enrichment activities are important, and these opportunities are beneficial to our school community.
Any flyer shared must offer educational and/or extracurricular learning opportunities for students, families and staff. Springfield Public Schools does not permit commercial advertising at any of its facilities.
Flyers, advertisements, and materials regarding activities, learning opportunities, or services that are sponsored or offered by an individually operated business or for-profit organization will not be allowed.
This includes, but is not limited to test prep providers (e.g., SAT/ACT), private musical instrument lessons, senior portrait providers, financial services providers, day care providers, local retailers, local restaurants, athletic/fitness organizations, youth sports clinics and camps, etc., unless the information is provided as part of a wellness initiative or has otherwise been solicited by the district on behalf of students and/or staff.
Flyers from for-profit organizations promoting FREE activities will be considered for distribution. Exceptions may also be made for for-profit organizations who demonstrate direct and significant support to Springfield Public Schools students or schools.
New Accessibility Guidelines
As of February 20, 2018, Peachjar has announced that in order to comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, they are requiring all flyers uploaded to follow these guidelines:
- Length is limited to 4 pages.
- Contain clear and legible text with a font size of 12 points or greater.
- Not be a scanned or copied document.
Their guidelines do note, however, that even flyers that do not meet items 2. and 3. MAY be uploaded, but you will need to type or copy/paste all of the text into the description field manually so that screen readers can easily read the text. Also, embedded links will no longer work.
Tips for Designing eFlyers
- Flyers must be in PDF format and under 6 MB in size.
- Flyers can have multiple pages.
- Flyers can be portrait or landscape in orientation, but must be 8-1/2 x 11 inches.
- Use colorful graphics and photos, not black and white text.
- Add your registration URL during the upload process AND embed it into your flyer document before you save it as a pdf.
- If your event takes place off campus, add a mapping address as you post your flyer. That way, parents will be able to see your event location.
- During the upload process, create a descriptive “Title” for your flyer.
- Use large colorful graphics to make it easy for parents to read on their smartphones.
- Use large fonts and lengthen your flyer to several pages if necessary.