• Wordcrafters Summer Camps: Wordcrafters is offering two summer camps for 11+-year-olds. A SciFi & Fantasy camp and Adventures in Writing. A limited number of scholarships are available.
• SPICE Summer Camp: More than Meets the Eye: Science Discovery (Rising 6th & 7th Graders)
Navigate the science scavenger hunt, visiting well-known and hidden features of the UO campus to collect data and solve the puzzle. Learn about the scientific method with paper airplanes, plumb the depths of the mystery box and apply what you’ve learned in the Amazing Science Race.
Register at http://spicescience.uoregon.edu
• Nearby Nature Summer CampsIf your kids enjoy exploring, biking, bug catching, treasure hunting, and other fun nature adventures, then they should participate in Nearby Nature's outdoor summer daycamps! Nearby Nature’s camps are a unique medley of adventure, science, nature, art, play, and gardening. Most are based in Alton Baker Park, at the group’s unique Learnscape Outdoor Classroom. Daycamps run from June 26-September 1, last one week each, and serve kids from three to 11 years old. Half and full day options are available and enrollment is limited to 10-12 children per camp. Scholarships are available! For registration as well as scholarship information, see https://www.nearbynature.org/daycamps/ or call 541-687-9699.
• Bible Class
Centennial students may sign up for a released time bible class offered at Genesis Community Church through the Child Evangelism Fellowship.
The class starts up on January 10 and will take place each Tuesday, 1:30-2:45.
• Neighborhood Clothing Closet
Families, do you need help with clothes for your kids (or yourself)?
Our neighbors at Genesis Community Church (1020 Janus St) have started a Clothing Closet for neighborhood families! It is currently scheduled to be open the second Saturday of each month, from 10 to 12 and the 4th Tuesday of each month from 10 to12.
You do not have to be a member of their church to get free clothing.
They also welcome donations of gently used clothing that your kids have outgrown; donations will be taken during the Clothing Closet open times or on Sundays.
• Free Problem-Solving Parent Classes
Our wonderful partners at the Child Center are offering this fantastic 8-week online session on collaborative problem-solving for families who have children with challenging behaviors. Click here for more information.
• Eugene Science Center
No School Day Workshops for grades K-5, Feb. 21 and March 18. Spring Break Camp, March 21-25. Register here.
Girls Science Adventures, Saturdays. Register here.
Summer Camps. Register here.
Ask about scholarships!
Kidsports teams regularly use our facilities. Visit their website for current signups. Scholarships are available.
• Good News Club
A free afterschool program offered by Genesis Community Church. View the flyer for more information or to sign up.